Wednesday, August 12, 2009

30 x 30

Last August, it hit me, I was going to be thirty in 13 months. I was at the end of an on-again, off-again relationship, had a mortgage, a dog, and could count the number of single friends I still had on one hand. Nothing exciting was happening to me by chance, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. On the day that things finally ended with Jeremy* I sat down with friends and had some strong drinks, then came home and wrote my list of thirty things to accomplish by my thirtieth birthday. The following is the full list:

1. Learn to play tennis -- done
2. Read War and Peace
3. Get a tattoo
4. Take a Wine Snob class -- done
5. Run a half-marathon -- done
6. Learn how to windsurf
7. Complete the Portland Bridge Pedal -- done
8. Finish US Government class
9. Learn about interior design
10. Ask a guy out -- done
11. Learn how to sew -- done
12. Run Race for the Cure -- done
13. Complete the Lucky Lab Ride -- done
14. Pay off one credit card
15. Go to a movie by myself
16. Go to lunch/dinner by myself -- done
17. Finish laundry room
18. Go Christmas shopping at 6 AM on Black Friday -- done
19. Watch The Godfather -- all three of them -- done
20. Go speed dating -- done
21. Go to First Thursday -- done
22. Visit Kelly in Ashland -- done
23. Make a souffle
24. Finish my childhood scrapbook
25. Finish my European scrapbook
26. Clean out belongings at Mom and Dad's
27. Start a book club -- done
28. Go to Roller Derby -- done
29. See DMB at the Gorge
30. Go to a free movie in the park -- done

I have just a month to finish, follow along on the journey!

*Name changed

No comments:

Post a Comment